Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Need help about UK callsign 73

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Madeira Island

    Question Need help about UK callsign 73

    Hi, i new in these forum, but seems like is very good organized.

    My name is Filipe and i need some help, i come to UK to live in January, in the moment i`m living near Brighton, West Sussex, and i want to kwon what i need to have a UK callsing since i am amateur radio in Portugal. I know portuguese people living here that have a UK call sign but i did`t understand how they done the change, thanks for the atention, 73 fot all CT3LG

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Oulu, Finland


    As Portugal is part of the CEPT organisation, you can operate in the UK with your Portuguese license, and just add G/ to front of your callsign.

    If you're planning on operating for a long time, say more than 6 months (this isn't a legal limit, just advise), then you should be able to get a UK license automatically based on the level of your Portuguese one. You need to contact Ofcom about this.

    From the linked webpage:
    For all enquiries i.e. licence renewals/general enquiries concerning individual licences or their issue:

    Radio Licensing Centre
    PO BOX 885
    Bristol BS99 5LG

    Tel: 0117 925 8333
    Minicom: 0117 921 9550

    Because of the CEPT harmonisation, I was able to get my Finnish license automatically because of my UK, without taking any further tests.

    Oh, and welcome to the forum!


  3. #3
    Super Moderator 2E0FVL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Tangmere, Chichester, West Sussex, United Kingdom


    Welcome to the forum and the South Coast.
    Worthing & District ARC meet every Wednesday if you would like to visit us.
    Pete - 2EFVL
    The QRM Formally Known As M6PAP!!

Tags for this Thread


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts