Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there much PSK interest on here?

Default Is there much PSK interest on here?

I've recently got into PSK31 and PSK63. Is anyone else here interested in this mode?

Once I get electricty to my ham shack, I'm willing to try it. But I'm not 100 percent certain how to set it up and use it.
    --
    73, Jim/N4AAB got my Extra class license on Aug 10, 2017. Vanity call in Oct, 2014.
    My Ham radio site has no popups, no music, no banners.
    'Through the thorns to the stars' from Ghost-in-the-Shell anime.

Tangmere, Chichester, West Sussex, United Kingdom

Be warned I use it on the odd occasion!!
    Nothing regular but do use it at times, very good when some other modes are not playing!
    Pete - 2EFVL
    The QRM Formally Known As M6PAP!!
    www.selseylifeboats.co.uk
    www.amberleymuseum.co.uk

It's been around for a few years now, I know, but I'd never taken any interest in PSK until very recently. I have to say, I like it. I'm very constrained on space at home, and QRM here in the city is terrible, so I rarely operate from here. But with my FT-817, an interface, netbook, and 5W to an inverted-V dipole for 20m in my miniature garden, I've been impressed with the results.

I might take the kit to the shack tomorrow and stick my 5W into the 3-element SteppIR. That should work nicely!

Quick update:

Now had 67 QSOs, 24 countries, ODX is N2LWD at 6,426km, all with 5W to an inverted-V dipole in my very small and noisy city-centre garden. Amazing what you can do with 5W.

Don't think I've worked anyone from here yet, though...

GHCP one day our signals will meet up in the big blue yonder!!
    Pete - 2EFVL
    www.amberleymuseum.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by 2E0FVL View Post
    GHCP one day our signals will meet up in the big blue yonder!!
    Talking of which, Pete, I've been meaning to ask you for a while: are you ever QRV on Tuesday evenings on 6m, 2m, or 70cms? G3ZAY and I operate G6UW in the UKAC contest (we don't often bother with 23cms, though our sister team G3PYE/P does), and your square would always come in handy!

If I am it's only FM on 2/70 NO SSB, collinear at about 30ft above ground.
    6m in the HF rig and connected to the Windom or the Hustler 4 band vertical, only ever had one local contact on 6m in 5 years.
    So I guess not a lot of use to you!!
    Pete - 2EFVL
    www.amberleymuseum.co.uk

Next 6m contest is 20.00z to 22.30z on Tuesday 23 September. I'd be delighted to help you to double your five-year 6m QSO count and bag IO90 at the same time, so listen out for G6UW!

Hello,

Yes i like also PSK modes, but many station use only macro, there is a lack of friendliness.
    I made ​​many QSO is olivia and the macro is very little used !

714619concourBPSK63.jpg
    Best 73
    Eric F1ABE

Yes, I know what you mean, Eric. I use them myself. There are pros and cons to their use. They can be unfriendly (though think of many phone operators's behaviour, and they're no worse than that), but they do ensure an orderly exchange. And, one can easily add a personalised line of one wants, which I sometimes do, or even switch to live typing.

Are you up for the contest?

Yes, I also added a few lines but much remains only macro, sorry i'm not interested in the contest, xyl would not like to spend part of the day behind the tx !

I practice enough Olivia early morning and late evening on 20 meter, sometimes the QSO lasts more than an hour.
    Best 73
    Eric F1ABE

It only take one QSO to become 'Watt of the Week'. Mind you, if each QSO takes more than one hour, I can see your XYL's point!

Considering the lack of relies, it appears that there in not that much interest. Over on QRZ I raised the question relative to resurrecting Small Wonders Lab's PSK20. We'll see what falls out of that.

I'm sorta surprised there is not more activity indicated here.

There isn't much posting activity here, far less than QRZ, but it all works out.

Its a might too cold to go out to my uninsulated shack at 11F.
    --
    73, Jim/N4AAB got my Extra class license on Aug 10, 2017. Vanity call in Oct, 2014.
    My Ham radio site has no popups, no music, no banners.
    'Through the thorns to the stars' from Ghost-in-the-Shell anime.

I have been using PSK31 here and there on different bands. Though its all DX from here in HI. I also get on later in the day, have yet to DX to mainland US, but have gotten South Korea, Japan, AUS. Just got JT9 / JT65 software, haven't had any QSO yet, but it is way different than PSK31.
    Aloha and 73's, KH7FC
    Beau
    Honolulu, HI
    It's all DX from here!

Yes I'm interested.
    Though not set up for it yet.
    Would like to try Olivia too....

Ron EI8GMB

I've just tried PSK31 this weekend after a bloke on a local repeater recommended it.
    I'm only using a homebrew loft dipole and 10W but I've worked several countries right out to Ukraine from my little UK QTH.

I must say I rather like it, although some of the qso's seem a little robotic, it has a strange addictive quality to it.

Hopefully get some of you guys on it soon!

Derv,You are correct about being robotic although nothing stopping you typing free hand during the QSO rather than Macros piled with information that the other operator doesn't need, you might experienced the station macro telling you about the amount of RAM and HDD space the other guys got ;-)
    Peter, 2E0SQL - http://www.2e0sql.co.uk

Yeah, you're right 2e0sql. TBH I think I may have chosen to talk to some stations doing a contest or something as they didn't seem too interested in a QSO, either that or I am remarkably dull to talk to lol.