Thread: What Amatuer Radio Software do you use?

Lightbulb What Amatuer Radio Software do you use?

As we've just started a brand new year, I thought we'd kick off a nice thread to see what everyones running on their shack computers/phones/tablets, is there a special bit of software you think everyone should use or at least check out do share!
    Peter, 2E0SQL - http://www.2e0sql.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by 2e0sql View Post
    As we've just started a brand new year, I thought we'd kick off a nice thread to see what everyones running on their shack computers/phones/tablets, is there a special bit of software you think everyone should use or at least check out do share!
    Still running an old free version of HRD ... still does all I need, including LoTW uploads. One day I'll be forced to upgrade, but it will be to something that does auto uploads to clublog. Have downloaded a few 'trendy' logbooks, but none of them grab me.

Echolink app on ipad. Never had a qso on it if the truth be told.

Splashtop on ipad for remote desktop from the shack pc, with HRD/rig control.... in fact using computer rig control on a touch device seems far more natural/intuitive than using a mouse/keyboard.

After a bit of chat about 'Hamsphere' on another reflector, I thought I'd investigate for myself rather than just condemn out of hand... so have that on pc, ipad and iphone. Everyone seems to be enjoying themselves on it, nobody on there really thinks of it as radio.

Google Earth with IOTA overlay.

Fox clocks plug-in for firefox for world time.
    Andy

I use and have been using for 2 years, LOG4OM. It is very robust but not overly so. The support is incredible and it's FREE. A paypal donation from time to time is always appreciated. I also have tried and do like HRD free. But I find it's so busy and does so much, that it is confusing. That's my 2 cents worth.

I use N3FJP's logging software. Paid the shareware fee. It has stood me in good stead. Tried others, they either didn't like my computer, or the software didn't do what I wanted.
    --
    73, Jim/N4AAB got my Extra class license on Aug 10, 2017. Vanity call in Oct, 2014.
    My Ham radio site has no popups, no music, no banners.
    'Through the thorns to the stars' from Ghost-in-the-Shell anime.

Not quite amateur radio software but used with amateur radios.
    VirtualBox which runs WinXP, Win 98SE, Win 3.1 and Ubuntu so that I can use some really old radio software.
    DosBox wich runs Dos programming software for a Tait2020 pmr converted to 70MHz and other Dos programs.
    I'm leaving now to go find myself....if I arrive before I get back, please ask me to wait!

Tangmere, Chichester, West Sussex, United Kingdom

At home Fldigi - love it and QRZ for logging.
    Out on the 7 or 8 special event stations each year Log4OM linked to QRZ Logbook for live updates.
    Pete - 2EFVL
    The QRM Formally Known As M6PAP!!
    www.selseylifeboats.co.uk
    www.amberleymuseum.co.uk