Thread: DX-SR8e locking up

Default DX-SR8e locking up

Anyone around the globe had this issue.

4 times today, mid CW QSO the tx just locked up. Couldn't switch it off as the power button made no difference. Only thing I could do was to switch off the PSU.

Any ideas anyone?

Call Alinco.

Roger
    Have a great day.
    K5MOW

Quote Originally Posted by G0PNM View Post
    Anyone around the globe had this issue.

4 times today, mid CW QSO the tx just locked up. Couldn't switch it off as the power button made no difference. Only thing I could do was to switch off the PSU.

Any ideas anyone?
    This definitely sounds like a heat related problem since it's repeated the problem / failure. I hope you have adequate air circulation around the transceiver. I looked at the schematic and IC 101 CPU on the main board that could internally locking up as it has the CW inputs for the DOT / DASH & CWK Output. I think the first thing I would try is to do a complete Radio Reset to see if that will clear your Constant Key Up on CW transmit. Since I've never seen the internal boards or assemblies of this transceiver, I'm guessing that the IC 101 has been wave soldered in place so you should have access to a good grade oscilloscope with a proble to measure the pins around the IC. This manual will indicate whether each pin should be high (1) or low (0) in the receive mode.

Here's a web link to a PDF Service Manual: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...MQ7y2eJ-_v_wlA

And SAVE it to your computer. In this manual it will provide the method to do a Radio Reset.

Dan
    WA9WVX