Thread: looking for an old computer power supply

Default looking for an old computer power supply

Hi from Dave.I have just joined this forum and I am hoping that I might be of help to yourselves particularly in the adapting of ex pmr kit.I am looking for an old xt type computer powersupply rated at 200 watts to help out my ex workmates and to program a philips fm1100 radio.I took early retirement last December and I had an fm1100 radio which I installed in my car but I found that some parameters needed changing.When I visited the old workplace I discovered the power supply in the computer they had for programming these radios had packed up.So I am asking if anyone would have such a supply in their junk box. I can be contacted by private eMail at [email protected]

73s de Dave

Default Re: looking for an old computer power supply

Wouldn't it be easier to pull the harddrive from the old PC and plug it into another one? I assume it is still an IDE harddrive.
    You could also try getting a USB external harddrive case (I got one for about EUR 10, a few years back. That way it can be just plugged in via the USB port.

Thanks for your reply.Unfortuneately the radios that this machine programs won't communicate with a modern pc, in fact the pc needs to have the turbo switched off but I have managed to get a replacement power supply on ebay and it is on its way to me as I type.The radio is the philips fm1100 series which interfaces with an ISA expansion card fitted inside the PC so you can tell that they are pretty old radios but very versitile.
    73's
    de Dave

"ISA expansion card" - yup, that's old! (say's the guy who's main PC/laptop is circa 2000...)