Thread: Yaesu FT-950 Firmware update

Default Yaesu FT-950 Firmware update

Hi All,

Just a heads up to say that Yaesu have released a firmware update for the FT950 called PEP950 includes a new DSP system, and fixes a number of other issues with the radio! I've done mine and find it much better, lets hope they release a few more soon too!

You can find the download on their website: Yaesu FT-950 page
    Peter, 2E0SQL - http://www.2e0sql.co.uk

Default Re: Yaesu FT-950 Firmware update

I did my 950 too when the update first came out, very scary as my radio is only a couple of months old and I really didn't want it dying on me, but all went well thankfully and now the DSP seems to work a LOT better.

Default Re: Yaesu FT-950 Firmware update

Quote Originally Posted by 2M0JAS
    I did my 950 too when the update first came out, very scary as my radio is only a couple of months old and I really didn't want it dying on me, but all went well thankfully and now the DSP seems to work a LOT better.
    Excellent, I'm guessing you have got the update which came out on the 31/01/09? to fix the update! I've had mine now for just over a year but was still worried about bricking the poor thing! luckily wasn't too bad to complete

I did mine last night, only had it a week and its an 09 serial number, but still did the update, sounds much better now

The updates really do make a difference, its pleasing to see Yaesu sorting bugs and improving features.. had mine over a year now and very happy with it.

Welllll I just got my 950 Thursday and had it on the air Friday afternoon, I KNOW but I was out of town! Anyway, out of curiosity more than anything else, I checked the software version and guess what.....it's actually has a newer version than what Yaesu is posting as an up-date. I'm doing this from memory but the version I have is 11.541 something or other. So appears there is a newer version out there that Yaesu hasn't released for up-grade.
    Just a FWIW.
    Sarge
    SFC, US Army, Retired
    I was a soldier * I am a soldier * I will always be a soldier

Hey Sarge,

That's interesting to know. Perhaps Yaesu will soon make that update available to the rest of us. I've had my 950 for over a year and I believe I've applied 2, perhaps 3 updates. Mine was not current when I brought it home so I did update pretty much right after taking it out of the box. I love my 950.

Jerry
    Host of the Practical Amateur Radio Podcast - Creating Elmers one podcast at a time. http://www.myamateurradio.com/

When I bought my FT-950 last week from HRO the update was newer than what's posted on their website. Kinda neat. I love this radio too.

Default ft 950 firmware update.. NEW USER after many years absent.

Quote Originally Posted by K0BAM View Post
    When I bought my FT-950 last week from HRO the update was newer than what's posted on their website. Kinda neat. I love this radio too.

Purchased my FT 950, new in 2010. used it a few times, SUPERB. First Contact was Siberia from NY, No Amplifier, on a dipole!
    Had NO time until now to use the FT 950. There have been numerous Firmware upgrades since then... IS it worth it to upgrade, what is the latest Firmware and is really necessary? Is there a Huge difference in performance, and if so, please describe them in detail.
    I have horror stories about dead radios after Failed upgrades.
    Many opinions about the cable from Transceiver to PC computer.
    Does anyone sell the cable already made or does it have to be made from scratch?
    Since there haven't been upgrades for years, and the FT 950 is out of production, does anyone have the cable that works, they could sell to me?
    Remember, it has been many years since I was active, CW and SSB.
    Any other hints to get excellent performance from this rig?
    I do not do contests, or split frequencies, etc.
    Just want a rig with the best receiving and transmitter characteristics!

TY for your help.

Tom Pallan WB2JSY

Default FT-950

Already update it , thank u for your help