PDA

View Full Version : Ten Tec Omni V

rogeld
Sun 20th Apr 2014, 20:43
I was given a Ten Tec Omni V and here is what happened. The radio was working great and the previous owner wanted to hook up the radio to a computer. He made the cable and when he hooked it up the radio died. The radio turns on and the front panel works fine. The problem is there is no receive or transmit on any bands but it sounds like to wants to receive on 160 meter but it still will not transmit. What I was thinking is the cable was miss wired and it took out the IC-7 and maybe the IC-11. The reason I was looking at this is there are 2 connections from the b plug to the IC-7
pin 29 and pin 30. I need to make sure before I spend the 60 dollars to Ten Tec for a chip I may not need. BTW, I did try to reset the radio several times. Any Ideas on what could be happening?

rogeld
Mon 9th Jun 2014, 23:10
I was given a Ten Tec Omni V and here is what happened. The radio was working great and the previous owner wanted to hook up the radio to a computer. He made the cable and when he hooked it up the radio died. The radio turns on and the front panel works fine. The problem is there is no receive or transmit on any bands but it sounds like to wants to receive on 160 meter but it still will not transmit. What I was thinking is the cable was miss wired and it took out the IC-7 and maybe the IC-11. The reason I was looking at this is there are 2 connections from the b plug to the IC-7
pin 29 and pin 30. I need to make sure before I spend the 60 dollars to Ten Tec for a chip I may not need. BTW, I did try to reset the radio several times. Any Ideas on what could be happening?

I did get 160 meter working and it will transmit on 160 meter but none of the other bands will receive or transmit. Could someone point me in a direction where I can fine he problem?
Robert.
KE7KPB.

N4AAB
Tue 10th Jun 2014, 16:26
Try to find a tech manual download for it. It does sound like the radio got damaged by a miswiring of the cable.

I found this one: http://www.tentec.com/content/downloads/manuals/Model%20562%20Omni%20V%20Manual.pdf

rogeld
Mon 7th Jul 2014, 01:21
Try to find a tech manual download for it. It does sound like the radio got damaged by a miswiring of the cable.

I found this one: http://www.tentec.com/content/downloads/manuals/Model%20562%20Omni%20V%20Manual.pdf

Yes he did just plug in the cable with out rewiring it.