PDA

View Full Version : LOOKING 4 HAMS WHO HAVE WORKED ON TEN-TEC PARAGON RX

W6PJJ
Fri 4th Jan 2013, 04:29
I AM LOOKING FOR HAMS WHO HAVE WORKED ON A TEN-TEC PARAGON RX.

I am looking into and issue of poor receiver performance on my Ten-Tec Paragon. One problem leads to another... first the 961 power supply went dead bug a week ago and just last night the Paragon receiver began acting like there was a 30-40db attenuator on on the front end. We made sure that none of the controls were responsible for an almost dead RX and the attenuator is not activated. It could be possible that the RF signal path is interrupted... so many switching diodes in these circuits that any one of them could have failed. Tonight I am studying the first mixer board schematic to familiarize myself with the layout and signal flow. Tomorrow we will be studying the second mixer stage. Saturday I will open up this puppy and probably get it to the test bench were the HP 8656A Sig-Gen, Scope & RF sniffer are. The purpose of my post is to see if I can locate someone who has had similar issues and may know some short cuts or have knowledge of common problems in this area with the Paragon. Ten-Tec is a good manufacture but the early Paragons were plagued with problems associated with connections and PLL unlock conditions, I suffered through them, but... Ten-Tec knew they had issues so they were very helpful. Any suggestions or information is always appreciated.