PDA

View Full Version : Gb7ml

m6hud
Wed 3rd Feb 2010, 23:25
I see GB7ML is back on line.

I'm a little disappointed by the following message on the www.77hz.com web site :-

"GB7ML is designed to live on REF013B. Please respect our wishes and leave it there. We could enforce this using technology, but we choose not to (at this time)"

I don't see the point of a DStar repeater that cannot be used to its full potential?

kd0bik
Thu 4th Feb 2010, 00:06
Certainly doesn't sound like good amateur spirit.

m0bov
Thu 4th Feb 2010, 13:03
Afraid there is quite an attiude around the 77Hz "club", they even threatened to bar me from D-Star once! Too much power to a few I think. (even had posts on their forum zapped once). Hopefully more repeaters will appear that are not 77Hz related to provide more choice.

m0bov
Thu 4th Feb 2010, 13:04
Just looked up the info for that REF, dunno why they choose that one, normally its 5A which I could understand. Maybe they are trying to make 13B there's?

kd0bik
Thu 4th Feb 2010, 15:19
Geez...I don't hate a lot of things in life. But I do seriously HATE this about our hobby. So many hams (actually most hams) are so giving of their time, their knowledge and their resources. But then there are a few who truly have a god complex and just make up the rules to benefit a few versus all.

Unfortunately, this happens over here on this side of the pond as well.

m6hud
Thu 4th Feb 2010, 15:41
I wonder if I should post this question to the Dstar UK Yahoo group?

m0bov
Thu 4th Feb 2010, 18:13
Be warned, I believe the group is modded by one or more of the 77Hz members!

m0bov
Thu 4th Feb 2010, 18:18
If you express to them the fact you've spent your hard earned dollar on dstar kit, you get the full frontal on what they've invested. I told them, I won't go begging for access. What they fail to consider is that they would have wasted a lot of cash if their repeaters got a boycott. So really they need us more in a way.

Hopefully there will be independant dstar boxes soon and it won't be a "stitch up" for us in the south east.

M6TOS
Sat 9th Oct 2010, 14:34
Hey I am not suprised about GB7ML as these guys are also Barring people from Reflectors, which is not in the spirit of Ham Radio, more like a case of "If you are not in our gang" you aint using it, what a load of Herberts.

M6TOS
Sat 9th Oct 2010, 14:37
I wonder if I should post this question to the Dstar UK Yahoo group?
Pointless the same Guys run that as well as the reflectors they are a bunch of m****s very sad they need to get out more and Ofcom should not allow action like this.

G6OCD
Mon 5th Dec 2011, 21:22
I see GB7ML is back on line.

I'm a little disappointed by the following message on the www.77hz.com web site :-

"GB7ML is designed to live on REF013B. Please respect our wishes and leave it there. We could enforce this using technology, but we choose not to (at this time)"

I don't see the point of a DStar repeater that cannot be used to its full potential?

Hi Guys well the Repeater that I put on the Air has always been restricted by the Dstar Police as GB7HD can never use Reflector 5 and any other that are run by certain individuals so I would not worry as they do what they want the Dstar POlice always have done and always will do,
Regards
David G6OCD Proud to be totally independent with no Lottery Funding or backhanders to assist with the running of the GB7HD Repeater just me and my mate G**** who lives a few miles away from me,

G6OCD
Mon 19th Dec 2011, 08:18
Certainly doesn't sound like good amateur spirit.

Good Radio Amateur Spirit I have been Barred off all UK Reflectors by a Pratt I mean person of Standing, and also the repeater that I am the keeper of GB7HD is also Barred from connecting to all the UK Reflectors by the Good old DStar Police bless em may they have a great sad Christmas.
David G6OCD.