PDA

View Full Version : Icom IC-E92D/IC-92AD London .icf file

M0TZO
Sun 24th Jan 2010, 01:46
Here is my current .icf file centered on London (well South London) with the way I am now sorting my file.

Feel free to download even if you don't live local or even in UK to see how I sort my handheld now.

Comments, suggest, feedback and idea on it welcome.

If and when I update this, I will only place in this first post.

kd0bik
Thu 28th Jan 2010, 13:33
Has anyone else had an issue with Paul's .icf file? I'm unable to read it. I can read my own .icf files and I have two others from other US hams that I can read just fine.

Jerry

kd0bik
Fri 29th Jan 2010, 14:52
Paul,

Try to load my .icf file and see if you receive an error.

Jerry

M0TZO
Sat 30th Jan 2010, 15:45
OK, Jerry & I have exchanged .icf files via email without zipping and seems the error works other way as well.

As far a we can tell it seems USA & UK versions are different, unless it's because of the slightly different models numbers.

USA = Icom IC-92AD
UK/Europe = Icom IC-E92D

Guess that makes the difference. Thoughts?

2e0sql
Sat 30th Jan 2010, 16:36
Paul,

have you explored the .icf in something like notepad to see what info it includes? maybe it references the radio in the file.

kd0bik
Mon 1st Feb 2010, 02:16
Paul,

I found this software mentioned during some attempts to Google the issues we're having. I may try to download and play around with it tomorrow if I have time. It may be a dead-end.

http://chirp.danplanet.com/wiki/

Jerry

M0TZO
Thu 11th Feb 2010, 21:52
I found some of the memories were missing so I uploaded with some GPS settings so should work with Digital APRS. See my blog post Here (http://www.m0tzo.co.uk/2010/02/general/d-star-aprs-with-icom-ic-e29d-hm-175gps-mic) which has some useful links as well.

kd0bik
Fri 12th Feb 2010, 01:18
I'll check it out on Friday. I"m working from home and will have some time to geek. Love the blog as well. I've linked to it from mine http://kd0bik.com/blog/

Jerry

m0zsa
Wed 24th Feb 2010, 14:35
Here is my current .icf file centered on London (well South London) with the way I am now sorting my file.

Feel free to download even if you don't live local or even in UK to see how I sort my handheld now.

Hi
I am unable to open your zip file( Icom IC-E92D/IC-92AD London .icf file) microsoft dos not reconise the file?
I am using XP Pro
could you help
Tom
M0ZSA

M0TZO
Wed 24th Feb 2010, 19:31
I've made a few updates recently, so will update by this weekend.

Look out for Version v3.0 :D

If I can sort, will upload without Zipping it.

Orion
Wed 18th Aug 2010, 16:40
Hi guys...just brought an IC-E92 and was wondering if you know of a source for the programming cable that might be a little cheaper than 66?

M0TZO
Mon 20th Dec 2010, 13:13
Been a while since I have updated this file, so I want to update it over the Christmas period.

If there is anything you want added, let me know.

I am adding business PMR channels, just for curiosity if I can find all the frequencies, as well as making sure the London Broadcast FM stations are listed, although really I only use LBC.

M0TZO
Mon 20th Dec 2010, 13:14
Hi guys...just brought an IC-E92 and was wondering if you know of a source for the programming cable that might be a little cheaper than 66?

Sorry Orion, only just noticed your post.

I found my on an Auction site (no, not the well known one). Keep a look out as they come up from time to time.

tytower
Sun 22nd Mar 2015, 00:22

This file now downloads as zero content?

tytower
Sun 22nd Mar 2015, 00:26
They are freely available on rbay from china for about AUD$30