PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Colorado

kd0bik
Sun 25th Jan 2009, 22:24
Hello all,

My name is Jerry Taylor, my call sign is kd0bik. I host the Practical Amateur Radio Podcast. The podcast can be downloaded from iTunes or from the podcast website http://www.kd0bik.com/podcast/ I'm active on Twitter with the ID of kd0bik. If you're active on Twitter, please follow me and I'll follow back.

I live in Denver, Colorado with my wife and two cats. I was licensed as a tech class operator in August, 2007 and upgraded to general class in Jan. 2008. I'm currently working on upgrading to extra class sometime before summer 2009.

I primarily work HF and about 80% of my HF operation is PSK31. I enjoy both contesting and rawchewing.

I look forward to learning and sharing information with all of you here. Please take time to check out my podcast. Thank you.

Jerry

M0TTB
Mon 26th Jan 2009, 07:24
Hi Jerry, welcome to hamradioforum.net, hope you enjoy the community here.
I had a good read of your website and blog, it made for excellent reading... and another of us 'early 40's' guys suddenly getting back into radio :D
Hope you get the 'extra' ticket, and we'll hear you over here on your travels.

I hear you on 'photography'... saturated market, with commercial buyers having billions of photographs at their fingetips via the web and naive photographers happy to give away their work for next to nothing :(

Andy

kd0bik
Mon 26th Jan 2009, 16:17
Thanks Andy for the welcome.

Jerry

2e0sql
Wed 28th Jan 2009, 12:10
Hi Jerry,

Nice to see you on HRF!

kd0bik
Wed 28th Jan 2009, 23:43
Nice to be here Peter.