PDA

View Full Version : Introducing M0WYM

M0WYM
Fri 26th Sep 2008, 22:50
My name is Charlie and my QTH is on the east side of the city of Southampton. I came back to amateur radio in 2006 after a break of some 40 years having been a keen SWL in the mid 1960s and I passed my RAE in 1964. I served an apprenticeship in electronics at a government establishment and spent 25 years in the electronics industry working for such companies as Racal, GEC and Plessey, I left the electronics industry in the late 1980s.

I enjoy working QRP on HF - currently mostly 20m but enjoy the upper HF bands when they are open, I use 2m mainly for rag chewing but usually take part in the activity evenings/contests on SSB. Construction is an import part of the hobby for me and currently am nearing completion of a 20m QRP SSB rig (the BITX20A) and have plans for a RF sig gen, 2m beam and something for 4m. I am also looking at ways to take my IC 703 bicycle portable.

I'm a member of the RSGB, the GQRP Club, the UKSMG and the Itchen Valley Amateur Radio Club.

ei7gnb
Sun 28th Sep 2008, 21:00
Hi Charlie! Welcome to the forum - feel free to join in what ever is going on! :)

73, Jon 2IJVI