Thread: Yaesu Ft-7900r relocation cable

Default Yaesu Ft-7900r relocation cable

Hey, I have a Yaesu Ft7900r with the relocation kit. The cable that came with the kit is way to long and I'm looking for one that's much shorter. would anyone happen to know what kind of cable this is? it looks like a phone cord but with six wires. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

It is a 6 conductor cable. I needed some more cable so I went to my local hardware store and got some cable. Just remember when you put the ends on it, put on each end a the opposite way. It won't work if you put the ends on the same way.

something like this would work fine

just remember, the connectors on the end of the cable can't be the same way.....
    so it would be like this, just swap one end

awesome thanks so much for the response. is the cable generally cheap? i only need a small amount of it for a project.

Would this work for the FT-7800R also? I don't necessarily need the whole separation kit for the 7800 as I don't need the mounting plate for the head unit. I only need the cable. If I can make my own, that would be great. How long is your cable Dkongkill?

The cable wasn't much. Prob got 100ft for under 20 or so. And it works with the 7800R. I actually have the 7800r and my wife has the 7900r

Thanks for your help Jeff. Do you remember where you got the wire? I'm sure a Lowe's or Home Depot would have that wire and supplies, right?

I actually got the cable from a local home town hardware store. But you could try the others for the cable and the ends. And maybe even radio shack...

the cable that came with the separation/relocation kit is about 20ft long. im working on a GO BOX and its really a pain to stuff all 20ft of cable into the box. Does anyone know the name of this type of cable?

Quote Originally Posted by Dkongkill View Post
    the cable that came with the separation/relocation kit is about 20ft long. im working on a GO BOX and its really a pain to stuff all 20ft of cable into the box. Does anyone know the name of this type of cable?
    Are you willing to sell the cable that you have Dkongkill? It just so happens that I need I fairly long cable from where I'm running the head unit from the radio itself. I drive a 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The radio will actually mount under the rear seat.

Got the cable and the in-line coupler from RadioShack...<br />
    <br />
    6-Pin Modular Telephone Cord<br />
    Part # 279-422<br />
    <br />
    6-Pin In-line Coupler<br />
    Part # 279-007<br />
    <br />
    Hope this helps for anyone else looking.

i don't think i would because i would probably end up using this cable to make the smaller ones i need. sorry.

It's all good. I found the cable and coupler at RadioHack.